Storware Backup & Recovery
    • oVirt Backup Incremental issue

Virtual Environments 2 2 105

Hi,

please help on the incremental configuration for oVirt VM's. My backup destination location /vprotect_data/backups/ (this is a mount point of a nfs).

I facing the below error while taking the incremental backups. the errors are

1. Store task failed: SyntheticBackupException:
      2. Return code: 1 output:
      3. error: [cp: failed to clone

Store task failed: SyntheticBackupException: Command execution failed: [cp, -v, --reflink=always, /vprotect_data/backups/VMName/vprotect_data/backups/data/VMName/VMName_Disk1_VMName.raw/1691461856173, /vprotect_data/backups/VMName/vprotect_data/backups/data/VMName/VMName_Disk1_VMName.raw/.raw/1691755934097]

Return code: 1 output: ['/vprotect_data/backups/VMName/vprotect_data/backups/data/VMName/VMName_Disk1_VMName.raw/.raw/1691461856173' -> '/vprotect_data/backups/VMName/vprotect_data/backups/data/VMName/VMName_Disk1_VMName.raw/.raw/1691755934097' ]

error: [cp: failed to clone '/vprotect_data/backups/VMName/vprotect_data/backups/data/VMName/VMName_Disk1_VMName.raw/.raw/1691755934097' from '/vprotect_data/backups/VMName/vprotect_data/backups/data/VMName/VMName_Disk1_VMName.raw/.raw/1691461856173': Operation not supported ].

if we look at the path above, /vprotect_data/backups are repeated after the VMName .. 

I hope you guys can give me a solution. 

thank you.
      Bharath
    • Hi @bharathkondi,
      please list your priviliges of directories,
      for that use comand

ll /

and show us results.
      Probably your directory has bad priviliges.