Storware Backup & Recovery
    • Retore Issues

Virtual Environments 3 4 515

Hi there

Currently running Storware on a VM, which is running in a RHEV (v4.2) environment. Backups go to a staging area on the storage server and then to a NAS (via an NFS share mounted on the Storware server).

Backups appear to be working correctly, in that data goes to the staging folder and then across to the NAS.

However I am presented with an issue when trying to restore. I have been able to restore to the node directory (which seems to just be a data copy?), however when restoring to the actual RHEV Hypervisor, I get a fail within the first minute or so with the following error:

Import failed: ExternalAPIException: Fault reason is "Request syntactically incorrect.". Fault detail is "For correct usage, see: https://engine.ssgac.local/ovirt-engine/apidoc#services/disks/methods/add". HTTP response code is "400". HTTP response message is "Bad Request".

I have tried doing the retore with all the default server settings that would have been gathered as part of the backup, however the same error persists.

Any ideas what I might be missing here?

• Hello @matti,
      thank You for your post.
      We support RHV with many strategies of backup depending on RHV version so to help You please provide us with information which backup strategy do You use?

Best regards
      Jan Leszczyński

• @Jan-Leszczyński Sorry, should have mentioned that. Using Disk image transfer (full/incremental) backup type - and a full backup type.

• Hi @matti

Disk Image Transfer requires RHV to be in version 4.3+. For version 4.2 you can only use the disk attachment strategy which gives you the possibility to do only full backups. This strategy also requires having a node installed inside the RHV cluster as a proxy vm.

https://storware.gitbook.io/backup-and-recovery/protecting-virtual-machines/virtual-machines/red-hat-virtualization#disk-attachment-with-proxy-vm